Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Sliding to the mall












The kids did not have school today. I don't do well staying home despite the news saying you should. The kids and I made the trek to get grandma and then to the mall to walk around and have a treat. The roads were icy, but we did great. I am thankful for 4-wheel drive. I know this is funny to those living in the NE, but us Oregonians are just not used to this. I think this has been the hardest part having Aser gone for so far. He is the one who helps to make it fun with tying ropes on sleds and we usually take a 2 -3 mile walk in the snow. I am still trying to figure out how to do that with Malachi on my back. I am just feeling sorry for myself tonight without him. He is supposed to be here on Sunday right in the middle of another ice storm-- Oh MY!!!
We did have fun today with a big pancake breakfast and then the kids played outside and then we were off to the mall. We ended the night with DVD rental and the kids were so cute all pj'd up with pillows crashed under the Christmas tree...

No comments: