I have been on Facebook a few weeks now. I resisted for a very long time. I must admit it has been fun reconnecting with friends from over 20 years ago and also keeping up on daily news from friends now. It can be consuming and almost addictive wondering who has posted what and when. At first there was a real pull to be "checking in" with my friends, but I have finally gotten myself under control:) I hate to admit I even like FB... it is kind of a love/hate thing. I also have this relationship with the airport. Last weekend I LOVED the airport as it was bringing my man home. Today I HATED it as I had to send him back to the south.
This type of tagging has been going on on FB lately. I have so enjoyed reading about my friends and their random things. Here was mine and I will try to keep my Facebook life away from my blogging life:)from now on.... If you have 25 random things to write I would love to read them.
Rules: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you.
(To do this, go to “notes” under tabs on your profile page, paste these instructions in the body of the note, type your 25 random things, tag 25 people (in the right hand corner of the app) then click publish.)
1. My first date with Aser was when he took my 5th grade class skating with me. I am not sure what I would think if one of my children's teacher did that now--oh my! yeah I wore 501's. ( still my fav jean)
2. I burned myself at 18 months by getting into a hot bath of water that a neighbor girl started for me. I still have scars.
3. I am most terrified of earthquakes and tsunamis.
4. I was in a 7.5 earthquake in Costa Rica-- CRAZY!!!
5.I once passed a police officer speeding. He had a prisoner in the back and I thought there was no way he would pull me over. I was wrong!!!
6. I was followed and pulled over by a helicopter in LA while in college on my way to a Michael Jackson concert. Yeah another ticket-- I seemed to catch them when I was young like a cold.
7. One year in college I lived with two other Kimberlys on one SMALL room.
8.I stayed in South Africa during Apartheid and lived in a township there. Life changing!
9.When I was a young child my daddy would give me two quarters to buy goods from neighbor's garage sales and I thought I was on my way to Disneyland. I loved those days!
10. I hate hate hate fish.( smell, texture, and looks) Our one in a bowl at home is ok... but nothing that has been in pan. I have had two allergic reactions so I have a good excuse now.
11. I love steak! I was pretty much a vegetarian until I had kids.
12. My car was shot by a student when I was 23 first teaching in California. He was mad at me.
13. I miss my sister... complicated story and dream of hugging her again. Truly!
14. Foreign languages are not easy for me. I wish I could speak Amharic and Spanish.
15. I am crazy in love with my man Aser. Would marry him all over again...
16. I think my kids make my heart beat each day because they bring such joy and wonder to my life. I am humbled to be a momma.
17.I had plastic surgery at the solid age of 5!
18.I am trying to go natural with chemicals in hair stuff, cleaning supplies, detergents and lotions... but am not there 100% yet. This will be life long I think!
19. In high school I got asked to go back and meet New Edition after a concert. I know you are so jealous! I was taller than they were--
20.I love God and can't really explain my thoughts and feeling about him in a coherent way. I think I will fall on my face when I meet him unable to speak. He leaves me in awe frequently.
21.I love houses!!!! I love it when someone walks in and falls in love at the front door. Makes the long searches worth it.
22. I fall asleep almost every night in the bath reading. Aser has gotten my bath ready for me for years every night. He is so sweet to me!
23. I love to read nonfiction. I am not a novel -type girl...But love to read about God, religion, politics, health, parenting, and the real estate market.
24. I love STRONG STRONG coffee with no masks of sugar or cream. I can out drink Ethiopians on dark coffee.
25. I no longer live in fear after being so close to death this past year. It is so freeing! ( I still have my moments, but nothing like before)