Friday, January 2, 2009

Longing for Ethiopia


I am very sensitive to smells and often they are my memory-- strange I know! For some reason the Ethiopian coffee with my dinner last night took me back to my time there. I had an added treat to my coffee though with an herb called, "Adam's health" ( not sure of what the Ethiopian word is)... Not only did it look beautiful, but calmed the acid in the coffee and had a smoothing effect on my treat.

God has so put this country in my heart! The coffee is an added bonus... Have I mentioned how much I LOVE LOVE coffee??? I am lucky this is a safer addiction:)

3 comments:

Shelley said...

Adam's health, huh? I'll be on the look for it. Whole Foods, maybe? Can I just add it to my favorite ET blend after brewing? Ymmmm! Let's try to share some coffee this month.

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean! I so miss Ethiopia, and the SMELLS!!

Luckily I found a local place (and online!) to buy awesome Ethio coffee from Sidama which brings back the good memories. But it's still not quite the same...

Anonymous said...

It is called "Tena Adam" or in Amharic "ቴና አዳም"