Monday, March 24, 2008

Two Grandmas in Ethiopia-- What are the chances?

This is Aser and I waiting at the meeting room door as they bring Malachi for the first time... those few minutes seemed like a whole day. It was amazing as we saw them enter though:)

This is Aser's mom who lives in Addis Ababa. She was very taken with Malachi and he knew just how to snuggle with her--too cute! It was such a blessing to have her there for support and also made our entire trip so perfect. She even outfitted our guesthouse with a coffee pot and Ethiopian coffee for me. She had even bought new bedspreads for each bed-- better than a hotel:) Such love in her planning!

This is my mom who traveled from Oregon with us to meet Malachi. Have I mentioned how much she loved Ethiopia??? She took meticulous notes during our entire trip--only somehow did not return home with them. She had even written down what we ate and what we did each day and hour--- we are very sad about this. It was a treat and blessing to have her with us. The kids have said they can never go back to Ethiopia without grandma too. Thank you Mom!!!


2 comments:

Greg said...

I am a New York Times bestselling author working on a new book about mother-daughter relationships and thought you might want to contribute. Please visit my page for details about submitting stories for Mom's Little Angel.

Gregory E. Lang
Author of “Daddy’s Little Girl,” “Why a Daughter Needs a Dad,” “Why a Daughter Needs a Mom” and more.

Jesi and Joe said...

Wow Kimberly, what great pictures. I love that both Grandmas were there! Originally we thought my parents would be traveling with us, and it would have been such a treat! I'm so glad you got to have that experience as a family!