Friday, May 29, 2009

Can't Get Enough







Malachi could not stop screaming with JOY today when he saw Barney! When he came home last year often a Barney video was the only thing that would stop his crying. I KNOW many of you are probably disgusted that we would let him find comfort from a purple dino and his yellow counter-part, but those were some tired days and he had an exhausted mama who did not know what to do to make him happy. Often those videos were the only time in a day when he seemed content or could be calm. I am not sure if it is the music or seeing talking animals, but it worked.

Today our neighborhood Pump It Up had Barney night, please don't hate me, but we took Malachi. When he saw Barney he could not believe it. I am surprised Barney did not file a restraining order against Malachi as he could not leave his hands off of him. He hugged and hugged him and then would pull his tail to get his attention again. He was so happy. Only two of my big kids would come as the others did not want anything to do with the purple guy:)

It is a strange thing how when you are in a public place with other parents there can be a weird silence. I am not sure if it people trying to decide how these kids with different shades are mine or how at my age do I have a little one??? Sometimes I can be so strong to just ignore, but then at times I can't keep my skin so thick and I wonder why??? And probably in all truth it had absolutely nothing to do with me.

Rebekah took all of these herself with her own camera. Thank you BoBo!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes MALACHI loves Barney!



TTYL-Rebekah

Becky and Naing said...

that is so cute!

Dionna said...

Oh that is so great! We let Kamica watch Barney when she was young and she loved it. He has some good mottos.
Maybe people just don't know you??? I've found it harder to make friends with other moms -- it takes time.
Hey Kim - if you are interested in reading my blog I keep for/about my family - let me know. It's private. I mainly do it with/for friends. Just email me (emphasisonmoms@gmail.com)and I'll add your email to the okay'd list! :)

Anonymous said...

(Barney is such a bad infulance to little babies like Malachi!)LOL! Well, but the main part is that he had fun! I luv u!TTYL
~Lydia

Malissa P. said...

I Like Barney...feel no shame! AND...when it comes to keeping a mama from going over the edge, if videos keep that from happening then Praise God! Malachi looks sooooo happy. It is priceless. You are good Mommy!!!

Carrie said...

Okay so first of all, they're not staring because you are too old to have Malachi, it is more likely that you seem way to young to have older kids.

Who knows why people stare or what they are thinking. Hopefully they're just curious. It is hard to ALWAYS ignore them though...

Your whole family is so beautiful, that probably they're just jealous. :)

--Carrie

Rebecca said...

Hey there! Thanks so much for sending me your blog address!! Your family is beautiful! I'm not sure about the Barney-thing....kind of has me worried about meeting you. HaHa! Our girl, Ava, is big on Baby Einstein. Baby Noah to be exact. I know that movie by heart. Ugh!

Shelley said...

I love these pics... I'm wondering who else went with -- which kids took the Barney challenge?? :P

Hugs!

Amber said...

Looks like he is having a blast!

Jodi Queenan Artist copyright 2011 said...

I have enjoyed your blog this morning... 5 children from Ethiopia... :) I waiting for 2.... wait... wait... wait... I'm going to look forward to reading more of you blog....